Friday 11 July 2008

School's back (nearly)

Two weeks has flown and it's back to school in two days. I found out today what most of my allotment will be for next week (finally), I get to teach Year 11 History (Yay!), but they are yet to give me one other class. What will it be? (PLEASE, not some junior* class!!!)

SO... any great activities for teaching the Cold War, just let me know.


I'm now thinking of claiming my Summer trip to Cambodia as a work-related tax deduction (visited the Killing Fields to see the extent of Pol Pot's devastation on the country - direct result of the Cold War). Don't know if I'll get away with it...

*US translation: junior refers to Yr 7 & 8 (13/14 year olds)

1 comment:

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

The Truman library has some great stuff online for the Cold War, as well as a great video series from CNN. Try it!