Sunday 17 February 2008

Do you ever want to give up?

Recently I have had a number of people comment on how easy my job is with all the holidays I get. They act as if it is the easiest job in the world and teachers are in it for an easy ride. Clearly they have never known a teacher very well. Not only do I find myself working hard to get students to take learning seriously but I also feel that I'm constantly defending myself to prove that I'm a professional and worthy of respect. I'm not sure if I have the energy to put this amount of effort in for much longer.

1 comment:

cupcake said...

On another blog, I saw a comment that said, "Teachers work for me."

You can imagine, can't you, how kindly I replied to that idiot.

If one more person tells me that I only work 40 weeks out of the year, I might just snatch them bald-headed.