Tuesday 20 May 2008

Long time no write...


I know it's been a while. Again. Sometimes life just gets so overwhelming that writing doesn't get much of a look in.

This seems to be the longest term ever and I've been enviously reading the blogs of my northern hemisphere colleagues who are gearing up for summer. Here, "down under", winter is setting in. I know many people wouldn't really consider our winter very serious, we still have 10 hours of daylight, it doesn't snow and right now the sun is pouring in my window. But there is still a chill that can cut to the bone, the grey skies can last for weeks, numbing the soul, and single glazed windows and poor insulation really don't keep out the frosty nights.

Undoubtedly, I suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Although right now it's probably more a general depression, or just plain loneliness. For someone who has contact with a thousand people every day, I'm always surprised when I find an attack of the lonelies coming over me.

My sister has just had her fourth child and she's finding it a bit overwhelming (recovering from a c-section, suffering from carpal tunnel). She's struggling to be supermum, which she's always been before. I'm selfishly finding it difficult to sympathise with her and I feel bad about it. She chose to have a fourth child, I can't even find someone I would consider having a child with. I don't want to have her life, but I'm jealous all the same.

At least work keeps me busy. There really isn't a dull day. But right now I'm tired of it, and want a different life for a while.

No comments: